HR Consulting and Outsourcing
Are you worried about legal compliance with the DOL, EEOC, OSHA, or a state agency? Or finding HR responsibilities are increasingly challenging to juggle? Do you need an HR gap solution or additional outside resources for your HR department? Let’s partner to protect your organization and reduce your headaches and stress. Whether you need help with specific areas so you can focus on strategy, or you need to outsource your Human Resources functions, each of our team members has over 20 years of experience and can hit the ground running for you. Enjoy virtual or onsite dedicated service, expertise, and resources in a model that fits your organization.
Emergency response for urgent matters such as employee complaints and investigations is available 24/7. Protect your employees, your organization, and your stakeholders. Call us at 603.766.4906, and one of our experienced consultants will contact you. We know traditional hours don’t work for emergencies.
Consider us your partner for solving people challenges as we help you become one of the best employers in New England.
HR Consulting and Outsourcing Services
ADA, COBRA, & Leave Programs
Are you finding compliance regarding these laws and programs confusing and worrisome? We will help you navigate work accommodations and leaves based on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), COBRA and mini-COBRA, Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and state-paid leave and disability laws.
We’ll guide you through the following:
- Requests for reasonable accommodations under the ADA and state law and regulations.
- COBRA administration and state requirements for small employers.
- FMLA and ever-changing paid leave requirements across the United States.
Affirmative Action Plans (AAPs)
Are you a government contractor? We will help ensure your organization fulfills its affirmative action requirements by developing policies, programs, and processes that support the plan. Our services include:
- Leadership training, implementation guidance, including Job Group development, and Comprehensive AAP checklist review
- Alignment of the recruitment, selection, and hiring process with AA requirements.
- Assistance with outreach and building diverse candidate pools.
- Job description review and update, including specific mental and physical job requirements.
- Compensation analysis and salary grade development.
- Report development and analysis.
Employee Handbooks & Policies
When were your handbook and policies last updated? Or are you ready for your first handbook after recent events highlighted the importance of this document? Our HR consultants will ensure your organization is covered based on your current size, geographical location(s), and situation by:
- Reviewing and updating your existing handbook.
- Creating a new handbook, policies, or procedures.
- Working with you closely to ensure compliance that addresses your culture and values.
Employee Relations & Culture
Let’s bring your company vision to life! We’ll help you from the beginning with a robust onboarding process and ways to promote a positive, productive workplace through leadership development, team-building, and diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
- Approachability, mentorship, and transparency are critical components of a strong, loyal, and engaged workplace.
- We’ll help you to develop a culture that aligns with your mission and team and build on your strengths while you and your leadership team evolve.
HR Documents Package
Not sure what forms you need and when and how to use them? Obtain an extensive library of HR documents to manage your organization’s needs and legal compliance requirements, from sample offer letters and status change forms to FMLA and ADA documents.
- Each package is customized to your geographical location and size for federal and state employer requirements.
- We’ll answer your questions, review the forms, and ensure your organization is prepared and compliant.
HRIS Planning & Optimization
Are you spending too much time on administrative tasks? Is your organization growing quickly? It may be time to invest in a human resources information system (HRIS). This technology will help your organization meet essential HR needs and improve the productivity of both managers and employees. Our tech-savvy HRIS specialists will help you:
- Identify and vet the best resource for your organization.
- Manage the implementation process.
- Develop and implement strategies to improve your overall operations.
Legal Compliance & Audit Reviews
Stay on top of evolving employment laws and regulations and out of trouble. Our professionals will assist you in protecting your organization and in avoiding complaints, penalties, and lawsuits by:
- Auditing your organization to verify compliance and identify any gaps.
- Educating you on your compliance obligations.
- Defining policies and procedures your organization needs to follow.
OSHA and Safety Programs
Federal and state laws require a priority on safety. General industry safety training applies in many job functions, particularly for workers who face hazards on the job. Our experienced safety expert will work with you to create written programs and coordinate worker training programs, including but not limited to:
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Confined Space
- Emergency Evacuation
- Fire Safety
- Forklift Requirements
- Hazard Assessment
- HAZCOM and SDS Management
- Machine Guarding
- PPE & Respirator Safety
Are you looking to change direction regarding performance management? The traditional annual, top-down approach generally does not generate the positive results you seek. We will work collaboratively with your leaders to develop programs that meet your organization’s needs and produce the desired outcomes. And when there are issues that need to be addressed, we will:
- Partner with you to tackle performance concerns.
- Work through Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs) and disciplinary actions.
- Coach leaders and staff members in interpersonal skills, conflict resolution, and more.
Terminations & Exit Interviews
We will guide you through one of the most challenging and risky areas any leader will have to face: terminations. We’ll work with you through the entire process by:
- Assessing the circumstances before the final decision is to avoid a wrongful termination.
- Ensuring proper documentation, final pay, and appropriate handling of the actual termination with onsite support.
- Conducting exit interviews to help your company listen and learn from exiting staff.
- Helping identify areas of improvement to boost morale and retention.
- Providing resume and job placement assistance during layoffs and other involuntary terminations.
Workers’ Compensation Guidance
Focus on learning the workers’ compensation process in your state, from what qualifies as a claim, what is legal and medical causation, and how to challenge claims and control costs.
- Learn what impacts your workers’ compensation insurance premiums, discuss loss runs, and determine ways to lower your costs.
- Address workers’ compensation claims issues, including active management, malingering, settlements, IME, MMI, and partial disability benefits.
The safety of your employees and anyone who steps foot in your workplace comes first. We’ll help you mitigate risk by:
- Developing a safety program.
- Helping you establish a safety committee (and attend as a guest member until you are comfortable).
- Educating you and your team on state and federal compliance.
- Conducting health and safety training, including Hazard Communication and Lockout/Tagout.