Human Resources Consulting
Are you finding HR responsibilities are increasingly challenging to juggle or worried about legal compliance with the DOL, EEOC, OSHA, or a state agency? Do you need an HR gap solution or additional outside resources for your HR department? Let’s partner to protect your organization and reduce your headaches and stress. Whether you need assistance with specific areas or fully outsourced HR management, each HR ROI team member has over 20 years of experience and can hit the ground running for you. Enjoy dedicated service, expertise, and resources in a model that fits your organization.
We also offer emergency response for urgent matters such as employee complaints and investigations. Protect your employees, your organization, and your stakeholders. Call us at 603.766.4906, and one of our experienced consultants will contact you. We know traditional hours don’t work for emergencies.
Consider us your partner for solving people challenges as we help you become one of the best employers in New England. Scroll below for our dozens of services.
ADA, COBRA, & Leave Programs
We will help you navigate work accommodations and leaves based on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), COBRA and mini-COBRA, Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and state paid leave and disability laws. Are you finding compliance regarding these laws and programs confusing and worrisome? We’ll guide you through:
- Requests for reasonable accommodations under the ADA and state law and regulations.
- COBRA administration and state requirements for small employers.
- FMLA and ever-changing paid leave requirements in New England
Affirmative Action Plans (AAPs)
We will help ensure your organization fulfills its legal Affirmative Action requirements by developing policies, programs, and processes that support the plan. Our services include:
- Leadership training, implementation guidance, including Job Group development, and Comprehensive AAP checklist review
- Alignment of the recruitment, selection, and hiring process with AA requirements.
- Assistance with outreach and building diverse candidate pools.
- Job description review and update, including specific mental and physical job requirements.
- Compensation analysis and salary grade development.
- Report development and analysis.
Conflict Resolution & Mediation
Of course, we know it’s not always smooth sailing—so we’ll be there when you need a neutral expert to investigate a complaint or a trained mediator to resolve a conflict.
- Our experienced investigators and mediators can help you manage day-to-day conflicts, serious complaints, workplace investigations, and mediation.
- We’ll keep your employees, organization, and stakeholders protected and back to business.
Employee Handbooks & Policies
When were your handbook and policies last updated? Or are you ready for your first handbook after recent events highlighted the importance of this document? Our HR consultants will ensure your organization is covered based on your current size, geographical location(s), and situation by:
- Reviewing and updating your existing handbook.
- Creating a new handbook, policies, or procedures.
- Working with you closely to ensure compliance that addresses your culture and values.
Employee Relations & Culture
Let’s bring your company vision to life! We’ll help you foster a positive, innovative workplace through activities like confidential surveys, leadership development, team-building, diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
- Approachability and transparency are critical components of a strong, loyal, and engaged workplace.
- We’ll help you to develop a culture that aligns with your mission and team and build on your strengths while you and your leadership team evolve.
HRIS Planning & Optimization
Is your enterprise growing quickly? It may be time to invest in a human resources information system (HRIS). This technology will help your organization meet essential HR needs and improve the productivity of both managers and employees. Our innovative, tech-savvy HR specialists will help you:
- Identify and vet the best resource for your organization.
- Manage the implementation process.
- Develop and implement strategies to improve your overall operations.
Legal Compliance & Audit Reviews
Employers must stay on top of evolving employment laws and regulations. HR ROI will assist you in protecting your organization and in avoiding complaints, penalties, and lawsuits by:
- Auditing your organization to verify compliance and identify any gaps.
- Educating you on your compliance obligations.
- Defining policies and procedures your organization needs to follow.
OSHA Program Requirements
General industry safety training applies in many job functions, particularly for workers who face hazards on the job. Our certified Safety Management Specialist will work with you to create written programs and coordinate worker training programs, including but not limited to:
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Confined Space
- Emergency Evacuation
- Fire Safety
- Forklift Requirements
- Hazard Assessment
- HAZCOM and SDS Management
- Machine Guarding
- PPE & Respirator Safety
Performance Management, Coaching, & Disciplinary Actions
Are you looking to change direction regarding performance management? The traditional annual, top-down approach generally does not generate the positive results you seek. We will work collaboratively with your leaders to develop programs that meet your organization’s needs and produce the desired outcomes. And when there are issues that need to be addressed, we will:
- Partner with you to tackle performance concerns.
- Work through Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs) and disciplinary actions.
- Coach leaders and staff members in interpersonal skills, conflict resolution, and more.
Recruiting & Onboarding
We’ll cover the A to Z of hiring for you by:
- Writing job descriptions and determining FLSA exempt or nonexempt classification.
- Posting to job boards, screening resumes, and interviewing candidates.
- Delivering neutral feedback and recommendations.
- Providing behavioral interviewing and training on legal interview questions.
- Creating onboarding and orientation programs.
Terminations & Exit Interviews
We will guide you through one of the most challenging and risky areas any leader will have to face: terminations. We’ll work with you through the entire process by:
- Ensure proper documentation, final pay, and appropriate handling of the actual termination.
- Conduct exit interviews to help your company listen and learn from exiting staff.
- Helping you improve where appropriate for incoming new staff and the valuable individuals who remain.
- Provide resume and job placement assistance that you may choose to provide.
The safety of your team, stakeholders, clients, and anyone else who steps foot in your workplace comes first! We’ll help you mitigate risk by:
- Developing a safety program.
- Helping you establish a safety committee (and attend as a guest member until you are comfortable).
- Educating you and your team on state and federal compliance.
- Conducting health and safety training, including Hazard Communication and Lockout/Tagout.
Workers’ Compensation Guidance
Education focused on the workers’ compensation process from what qualifies as a claim with legal and medical causation through challenging claims and controlling costs.
- Reviewing impact on workers’ compensation coverage, loss runs, and ways to mitigate costs.
- Addressing workers’ compensation claims issues, including active management, malingering, settlements, IME, MMI, and partial disability benefits.