Human Resources Consulting
You work hard to ensure your employees are safe, happy, and engaged. Your organization is ready to service your customers, clients, patients, or residents leaving you with no time to stay current with the changing federal and state laws and regulations, employee needs, and expectations, on top of all the other operational demands?
Are you finding HR responssibilities are becoming increasingly challenging to juggle? The last thing you want is to miss something that could put your organization at risk. Or are performance challenges arising? Do you lack organizational policies and processes?
Our HR consultants will partner with you to protect your organization and reduce headaches and stress.
Benefits to Expect
Whether you need assistance with specific areas or require fully outsourced HR management, HR ROI can help.
Consider us your partner for solving people problems as we help you create a compliant, safe, and sustainable organization.
Enjoy exceptional service, expertise, and resources in a model that fits your budget and business.
Overview of Our HR Consulting Services:
ADA, COBRA, & Leave Programs
Finding compliance regarding these laws and programs confusing and worrisome? We will help you navigate work accommodations and leaves based on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), COBRA and mini-COBRA, Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and state paid leave and disability laws. We’ll guide you through:
- Requests for reasonable accommodations under the ADA and state law and regulations.
- COBRA administration and state requirements for small employers.
- FMLA and paid leave requirements in New England such as Maine’s new Earned Paid Leave and the Paid Family and Medical Leave in Massachusetts.
Affirmative Action Plans (AAPs)
We will help ensure your organization fulfills its legal Affirmative Action requirements by developing policies, programs, and processes that support the plan. Our services include:
- Leadership training, implementation guidance including Job Group development, and Comprehensive AAP checklist review
- Alignment of the recruitment, selection, and hiring process with AA requirements.
- Assistance with outreach and building diverse candidate pools.
- Job description review and update including specific mental and physical job requirements.
- Compensation analysis and salary grade development.
- Report development and analysis.
Conflict Resolution & Mediation
Of course, we know it’s not always smooth sailing—so we’ll be there when you need a neutral, confidential expert to investigate a concern, a trained mediator or just a neutral party to resolve disputes.
- Our experienced consultants will help you manage everything from day-to-day conflicts to serious complaints, workplace investigations, and mediation.
- We’ll keep your employees, stakeholders, and organization protected and as productive as possible.
Employee Handbooks & Policies
Has it been a couple of years since you last reviewed your employee handbook and policies? Or maybe you don’t have a handbook yet, but recent events have highlighted the importance of this document? Our HR consultants will ensure your organization is covered based on your current size and situation by:
- Reviewing and updating your current handbook.
- Creating a new handbook, policies, or procedures.
- Working with you closely to ensure compliance that addresses your culture and values.
Employee Relations & Culture
Let’s bring your company vision to life! We’ll help you foster a positive, innovative workplace through activities like confidential surveys, leadership development, team-building, and diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
- Approachability and transparency are critical components for a strong, loyal, and engaged workplace.
- We’ll help you to develop the culture that aligns with your mission and team and build on your strengths while you and your leadership team evolves.
HRIS Planning & Optimization
Is your enterprise growing quickly? It may be time to invest in a human resources information system (HRIS). This technology will help your organization meet essential HR needs and improve the productivity of both managers and employees. Our innovative, tech-savvy HR specialists will help you:
- Identify and vet the best resource for your organization.
- Manage the implementation process.
- Develop and implement processes to improve your overall operations.
Legal Compliance & Audit Reviews
It’s critical for employers to stay on top of evolving employment laws and regulations. HR ROI will assist you in protecting your organization and in avoiding complaints, penalties, and lawsuits by:
- Auditing your organization to verify compliance and identify any gaps.
- Educating you on your compliance obligations.
- Defining policies and procedures your organization needs to follow.
OSHA Program Requirements
General industry safety training applies in many job functions, particularly for workers who face hazards on the job. Our certified Safety Management Specialist will work with you to create written programs and coordinate worker training programs, including but not limited to:
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Confined Space
- Emergency Evacuation
- Fire Safety
- Forklift Requirements
- Hazard Asssessment
- HAZCOM and SDS Management
- Machine Guarding
- PPE & Respirator Safety
Performance Management, Coaching, & Disciplinary Actions
Are you looking to change direction regarding performance management? Is the traditional annual, top-down approach not producing the positive results you are looking for? We will work collaboratively with your stakeholders to develop programs that meet the needs of your organization and produce the desired outcomes. And when there are issues that need to be addressed, we will:
- Partner with you to tackle performance concerns.
- Work through Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs) and disciplinary actions.
- Coach leaders and staff members in interpersonal skills, conflict resolution, and more.
Recruiting & Onboarding
We’ll cover the A to Z of hiring for you by:
- Writing job descriptions and determining FLSA exempt or nonexempt classification.
- Posting to job boards, screening resumes, and interviewing candidates.
- Delivering neutral feedback and recommendations.
- Providing behavioral interviewing and training on legal interview questions.
- Creating onboarding and orientation programs.
Terminations & Exit Interviews
HR ROI will guide you through one of the most challenging and risky areas any leader will have to face: terminations. We’ll work with you through the entire process by:
- Ensuring proper documentation, final pay, and appropriate handling of the actual termination.
- Conducting exit interviews to help your company listen and learn from exiting staff.
- Helping you make improvements where appropriate for those that remain and for the new hires.
- Resume preparation and job placement assistance you may choose to provide.
The safety of your team, stakeholders, clients, and anyone else who steps foot in your workplace comes first! We’ll help you mitigate risk by:
- Developing a safety program.
- Helping you establish a safety committee (and attend as a guest member until you are comfortable).
- Educating you and your team on state and federal compliance.
- Conducting health and safety training, including Hazard Communication and Lockout/Tagout.
Workers’ Compensation Guidance
Education focused through the workers’ compensation process from what qualifies as a claim with legal and medical causation through challenging claims and controlling costs.
- Reviewing impact on workers’ compensation coverage, loss runs, and ways to mitigate costs.
- Addressing workers’ compensation claims issues including active management, malingering, settlements, IME, MMI, and partial disability benefits.